Marketing Executive Recruitment
Job Role Insights
Responsible for the execution of marketing campaigns and delivering against the marketing plan of a company’s product or service.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
The responsibilities of a marketing executive can vary depending on the size of the organisation they work for, within larger organisations, the marketing executive may have sector, product or service specific responsibilities.
Marketing executives are responsible for creating and executing plans that promote a company's products or services.This can include email campaigns, maintaining social media platforms, SEO and PPC tasks and content writing for digital and offline.
They conduct research to identify and understand target markets, consumer behavior, and market trends, and use this information to deliver marketing activities and campaigns.
Analysing the success of campaigns, measuring the return on investment (ROI)
They support advertising and promotional campaigns to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
The Marketing Exec will work closely with other teams within the marketing department and wider organisation.
Where the organisation engages in events, the marketing executive will usually support the organisation and management of tradeshows, product launch events and conferences to promote the company.
Key skills and personal attributes
- Able to plan and use digital media effectively
- Ability to build effective business relationships
- Analytical ability
- Ability to use CRM database and create reports
- Experience with marketing and project management tools
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Well developed teamwork capability
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Results driven with a keen eye for detail
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Relevant marketing qualifications
- A degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing assistant or coordinator role
The career path for a marketing executive can vary depending on the company and industry, but generally, they will have the opportunity to grow and advance within the marketing department. Some potential career paths for a marketing executive include:
- Marketing Specialist: After gaining experience as a marketing executive, an individual may be promoted to a marketing specialist role where they focus on a specific area of marketing.
- Marketing Manager: With additional experience, a marketing executive may be promoted to a marketing manager role, where they will be responsible for overseeing a team of marketing executives and assistants or specialists and leading the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Director of Marketing: After several years of experience in marketing management, a marketing coordinator may be promoted to a Director or Head of Marketing role, where they will be responsible for leading the entire marketing department and working closely with upper management to develop and execute company-wide marketing plans.
- CMO/CXO: With significant experience in senior marketing roles, the next step could be the C-suite position as the Chief Marketing Officer or Chief Experience Officer. They will be responsible for developing the company's overall marketing strategy and managing the marketing department accordingly.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
A leading global law firm has an exciting opportunity to join their fast-paced global PR team as a PR Coordinator/PR Executive supporting the Associate Director for PR's efforts to promote the firm across the EMEA region. This is an interesting and diverse role, requiring the ability to deliver a broad range of public relations and...Read more
An established, fast-growing, international technology company are looking for a Marketing Executive to join the team on a two-month fixed term contract. The ideal candidate will be immediately available, have experience in a similar role with an understanding of product marketing and will live a short, commutable distance to their office based in Northwest London....Read more
Marketing Manager, Hybrid Role, Hampshire Join an innovative company at the forefront of integrated computing solutions. We're on the lookout for a skilled Digital Marketing professional to be a key player in our clients dynamic and international company. Situated near Portsmouth, this position offers an exciting and fulfilling opportunity within the thriving technology sector. Key Responsibilities: CRM Management:...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.