PPC Executive Recruitment
Job Role Insights
A PPC (Pay-per-click) executive is responsible for managing and executing a company's PPC advertising campaigns. Their tasks include keyword research, ad copywriting, bid management, campaign optimization, and performance analysis to achieve advertising goals such as lead generation, sales, or website traffic.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
- Knowledge of Google AdWords platform, including AdWords Editor, AdWords Scripts, and Google Analytics.
- Experience with social performance marketing channels to include, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon Advertising and YouTube Ads.
- Ability to research and analyze keywords, target audiences, and competitor strategies.
- Understanding of bidding strategies, including manual and automated bidding, and the ability to optimize bids to achieve performance goals.
- Ability to create and optimize effective ad copy, including headlines, descriptions, and calls-to-action.
- Knowledge of ad targeting, including geographic, demographic, and contextual targeting, and the ability to optimize campaigns for maximum performance.
- Understanding of conversion tracking, including the ability to set up and analyze conversion tracking data.
- Proficiency in using data visualization tools to create and analyze reports, including visualizing trends, identifying opportunities, and making data-driven decisions.
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and how to integrate SEO and AdWords strategies for optimal results.
- Ability to manage large scale campaigns, including budget allocation, bidding, and performance optimization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to spot and correct errors.
- Ability to continuously learn and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, techniques, and technologies.
Key skills and personal attributes
- Analytical mindset & data-driven approach.
- Knowledge of PPC advertising platforms, strategies, and tactics.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Continual learning and adaptation to industry changes and updates.
- Experience with tracking, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns.
- Knowledge of online marketing, SEO, and customer behavior.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Relevant marketing qualifications
- A degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing assistant or coordinator role
- Detail oriented, able to follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The skills required to excel at a PPC role include strong analytical and research capabilities. The natural progression within the PPC team is detailed below but the skills would transfer well to a marketing analyst or the analysis and segmentation of data required for CRM based jobs.
Entry-level PPC specialist: focus on learning the basics of PPC advertising, such as creating and launching campaigns, monitoring and analyzing performance, and making optimizations.
Junior PPC executive: take on more responsibility for managing campaigns and making strategy decisions, with a focus on meeting or exceeding performance goals.
Senior PPC executive: lead and manage a team of PPC specialists, work closely with other departments, such as sales and product development, to align PPC efforts with overall business goals.
PPC manager: oversee the overall PPC strategy for a company or department, make high-level decisions, and collaborate with other marketing and business leaders to drive success.
Director of PPC: responsible for the company's entire digital advertising efforts, including PPC, and for achieving company-wide marketing and revenue goals.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
Head of Marketing
A well established, global business with offices in the City of London are looking for a commercial Head of Marketing to join them at an exciting time of transformational change and growth. This is a newly created role where you will have the chance to have a real impact on the direction of the business...Read more
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.