Marketing Assistant Recruitment
Job Role Insights
A marketing assistant generally helps with tasks that support the work of a marketing team or department.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
A marketing assistant generally helps with tasks that support the work of a marketing team or department. This can include a wide range of activities, such as:
- Assisting with the development of marketing campaigns and materials, such as flyers, emails, and social media posts
- Managing the organization's social media accounts, including creating and scheduling posts and engaging with followers
- Conducting market research and analyzing data to inform marketing strategies
- Coordinating events, such as product launches, trade shows, and conferences
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including working with designers and printers
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of marketing databases and lists
- Managing the organization's website, including updating content and tracking website analytics
- Providing support to the sales team by generating leads, preparing sales materials, and setting up meetings
- Performing administrative tasks, such as scheduling, budget management, and email management
- The specific duties of a marketing assistant may vary depending on the size and needs of the organization they work for, as well as their level of experience and expertise.
Key skills and personal attributes
There are several skills that can be helpful for a marketing assistant to have, including:
- Communication skills: Marketing assistants should be able to effectively communicate with a wide range of people, including team members, clients, and vendors. They should also be able to write clearly and concisely for various marketing materials.
- Organizational skills: Marketing assistants often have to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once, so strong organizational skills are essential to keep everything running smoothly.
- Attention to detail: Marketing materials should be accurate and error-free, so a marketing assistant should have a keen eye for detail.
- Creativity: Marketing assistants may be responsible for generating ideas for campaigns and materials, so being able to think creatively can be a valuable skill.
- Adaptability: The marketing industry is constantly changing, so being able to adapt to new technologies and strategies is important for a marketing assistant.
- Technical skills: Depending on the organization, a marketing assistant may be responsible for managing websites, social media accounts, or databases. Proficiency in relevant technologies and software can be helpful.
- Marketing knowledge: A marketing assistant should have a basic understanding of marketing principles and how to apply them in practice.
- Time management skills: Marketing assistants should be able to manage their time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Relevant marketing qualifications
Although generally not required, a degree in marketing, business, or a related field would be beneficial.
- An entry level role, prior marketing experience may not be required.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Detail oriented, able to follow through and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Marketing careers can be broken into a number of marketing fields or specialist paths and levels of experience within each.
Relevant work experience. Many marketing jobs require candidates to have some form of marketing experience, whether it be through internships, part-time jobs, or full-time positions.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
Head of Marketing
A well established, global business with offices in the City of London are looking for a commercial Head of Marketing to join them at an exciting time of transformational change and growth. This is a newly created role where you will have the chance to have a real impact on the direction of the business...Read more
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.