Digital Marketing Executive Recruitment
Job Role Insights
A digital marketing executive is responsible for supporting the digital marketing efforts of an organisation.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
The specific responsibilities of a digital marketing executive can vary depending on the organisation and the industry, but generally they include:
- Assisting with the creation and execution of digital marketing campaigns, including email, social media, and display advertising
- Supporting the implementation of SEO and SEM strategies
- Helping to manage the company's social media accounts and creating content
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure brand consistency
- Assisting with website updates and maintenance
- Analysing and reporting on the performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Assisting with the creation of marketing materials such as brochures and presentations
- Reporting on digital marketing campaign success using marketing analytics tools
- Helping to coordinate events and promotions
- Keeping up to date with the latest digital marketing trends and technologies.
Key skills and personal attributes
- To be successful as a digital marketing executive, you will need a broad range of skills:
- A knowledge of digital marketing techniques and strategies, such as SEO, PPC, email marketing, content and social media marketing
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms
- Experience with content creation, including writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with website design and management, including experience with content management systems
- The ability to meet marketing plans and objectives, developing and delivering campaigns
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as they will likely be working closely with clients and other members of the marketing team.
- You should have experience with marketing automation tools and be able to use them to create and execute campaigns, track results and optimize performance.
Relevant marketing qualifications
There are a variety of qualifications that can help you get a job as a digital marketing executive.
Although it is an advantage to have a degree in marketing, this is not essential to develop a career.
- Although a degree shows a level of commitment to education, it is not essential to start a career in marketing. However a marketing degree can provide a strong foundation in marketing principles, as well as give you the opportunity to specialise in a specific area of marketing.
- Marketing certification programs, such as those offered by the Chartered Institute in Marketing (CIM), the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the Institute of Data Marketing (IDM) or the British Academy of Digital Marketing offer a comprehensive range of marketing courses. These programs can provide you with specific skills and knowledge pertinent to your chosen field of marketing.
The typical career path for a digital marketing executive starts as a digital marketing assistant or co-ordinator, with options to progress to a digital marketing specialist, digital marketing manager, and senior digital marketing manager. Beyond a functional role it is possible to take on more strategic or leadership roles such as director of digital marketing, head of marketing or chief marketing officer.
An alternative career route would be to specialise in a specific area of digital marketing, such as search engine optimization (SEO), paid marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, or content marketing, leading to the role of digital marketing consultant.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
A leading global law firm has an exciting opportunity to join their fast-paced global PR team as a PR Coordinator/PR Executive supporting the Associate Director for PR's efforts to promote the firm across the EMEA region. This is an interesting and diverse role, requiring the ability to deliver a broad range of public relations and...Read more
An established, fast-growing, international technology company are looking for a Marketing Executive to join the team on a two-month fixed term contract. The ideal candidate will be immediately available, have experience in a similar role with an understanding of product marketing and will live a short, commutable distance to their office based in Northwest London....Read more
Marketing Manager, Hybrid Role, Hampshire Join an innovative company at the forefront of integrated computing solutions. We're on the lookout for a skilled Digital Marketing professional to be a key player in our clients dynamic and international company. Situated near Portsmouth, this position offers an exciting and fulfilling opportunity within the thriving technology sector. Key Responsibilities: CRM Management:...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.