Digital Marketing Executive Recruitment
Job Role Insights
A digital marketing executive is responsible for supporting the digital marketing efforts of an organisation.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
The specific responsibilities of a digital marketing executive can vary depending on the organisation and the industry, but generally they include:
- Assisting with the creation and execution of digital marketing campaigns, including email, social media, and display advertising
- Supporting the implementation of SEO and SEM strategies
- Helping to manage the company's social media accounts and creating content
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure brand consistency
- Assisting with website updates and maintenance
- Analysing and reporting on the performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Assisting with the creation of marketing materials such as brochures and presentations
- Reporting on digital marketing campaign success using marketing analytics tools
- Helping to coordinate events and promotions
- Keeping up to date with the latest digital marketing trends and technologies.
Key skills and personal attributes
- To be successful as a digital marketing executive, you will need a broad range of skills:
- A knowledge of digital marketing techniques and strategies, such as SEO, PPC, email marketing, content and social media marketing
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms
- Experience with content creation, including writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with website design and management, including experience with content management systems
- The ability to meet marketing plans and objectives, developing and delivering campaigns
- Strong organizational and project management skillsExcellent communication and interpersonal skills, as they will likely be working closely with clients and other members of the marketing team.
- You should have experience with marketing automation tools and be able to use them to create and execute campaigns, track results and optimize performance.
Relevant marketing qualifications
There are a variety of qualifications that can help you get a job as a digital marketing executive.
Although it is an advantage to have a degree in marketing, this is not essential to develop a career. Many people start out as marketing assistants or marketers in smaller firms before progressing to a marketing exec within a larger firm. Good communication skills both spoken and written are key attributes to progress
- Although a degree shows a level of commitment to education, it is not essential to start a career in marketing. However a marketing degree can provide a strong foundation in marketing principles, as well as give you the opportunity to specialise in a specific area of marketing.
- Marketing certification programs, such as those offered by the Chartered Institute in Marketing (CIM), the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the Institute of Data Marketing (IDM) or the British Academy of Digital Marketing offer a comprehensive range of marketing courses. These programs can provide you with specific skills and knowledge pertinent to your chosen field of marketing.
The typical career path for a digital marketing executive starts as a digital marketing assistant or co-ordinator, with options to progress to a digital marketing specialist, digital marketing manager, and senior digital marketing manager. Beyond a functional role it is possible to take on more strategic or leadership roles such as director of digital marketing, head of marketing or chief marketing officer.
An alternative career route would be to specialise in a specific area of digital marketing, such as search engine optimization (SEO), paid marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, or content marketing, leading to the role of digital marketing consultant.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Email Marketing Specialist
A large multinational business is looking for a Email Marketing Specialist to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are available...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.