Event Executive Recruitment
Job Role Insights
Responsible for planning and executing of marketing events and promotions to increase brand awareness and drive sales. Focusing on the tactical execution of individual events.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
- Developing event concepts and themes that align with marketing goals and strategies
- Event concept planning, identifying event goals, selecting a venue, and determining the event format and agenda.
- Creating and implementing marketing strategies to promote the event and increase attendance.
- Co-ordinating event suppliers, such as caterers, decorators, audio-visual companies, and entertainment providers.
- Managing guest lists and handling guest registration
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining event calendars, and updating databases.
- Helping with the creation and distribution of marketing materials, managing social media accounts, and assisting with online and offline marketing efforts to drive the success of the event.
- Helping with venue selection and set-up, coordinating transportation and parking arrangements, and preparing event materials.
- Managing event signage and decorations, and providing general support to event attendees.
- Compiling and analyzing event data, creating reports, and providing regular updates to the event manager.
- Conducting post-event evaluations, compiling feedback, and assisting with post-event reporting and analysis.
Key skills and personal attributes
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
- Time management: able to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Organisation skills: plan, coordinate, and manage events effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work well with others, build strong relationships, and handle conflicts.
- Adaptability: ability to work under pressure and handle unexpected changes.
- Customer service skills: ability to provide excellent service to clients and attendees.
- Leadership skills: supporting and organising delegate tasks effectively.
- Problem-solving skills: ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Attention to detail: ability to accurately follow instructions and pay close attention to details.
- Creativity: ability to come up with new and innovative ideas for events.
Relevant marketing qualifications
Although a degree may be beneficial when applying to work as a marketing event executive. Many event executives progress from within an organisation through experience.
In addition to a formal education and certifications, marketing event executives typically need to have strong project management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, creativity, and the ability to work well under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
While formal qualifications are not always required to become an event executive, having a relevant degree or certification can increase job opportunities and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field. Relevant degrees can include hospitality management, event management, marketing, or business administration.
However, employers often value relevant experience, soft skills, and a strong portfolio of successfully managed events more than formal qualifications. On-the-job training, internships, and voluntary work in event planning can provide valuable hands-on experience and help build a strong network in the industry.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
Head of Marketing
A well established, global business with offices in the City of London are looking for a commercial Head of Marketing to join them at an exciting time of transformational change and growth. This is a newly created role where you will have the chance to have a real impact on the direction of the business...Read more
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.