CRM Manager Recruitment
Job Role Insights
The CRM Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive customer relationship management strategy to drive customer loyalty and retention. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service, marketing and relationship management, as well as experience with CRM systems and data analysis.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
The specific responsibilities of a CRM manager can vary depending on the organisation and the industry, but generally they include:
- Develop and implement a customer relationship management strategy to drive customer loyalty and retention
- Analyse customer data to identify trends and opportunities
- Implement processes and systems to manage and optimise customer interactions and customer data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Develop and manage budgets for customer relationship management initiatives
- Manage customer communications to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
Key skills and personal attributes
Some of the key skills that are typically required for a CRM Manager include:
- Data analysis: Be able to interpret customer data and use it to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with customers, as well as with internal teams such as sales and marketing.
- Project management: Responsible for managing projects related to customer relationships, such as implementing a new CRM system, preparing data for digital communications, data segmentation and customer journey analysis.
- Technical skills: Proficient in using CRM software and databases such as Hubspot or Salesforce, in addition to relevant marketing tools and systems.
- Time management: Impeccable organisation skills to be able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
Relevant marketing qualifications
There are a variety of qualifications that can help you get a job in marketing communications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in customer service and relationship management
- Experience with CRM systems and data analysis
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
The onward career options for a CRM Manager are fairly broad ranging as the role is a multi-disciplinary marketing position harnessing analytical skills, management skills and having a strong understanding of marketing principles.
Options include joining a larger organisation and managing a team of CRM specialists, becoming the Head of CRM if the business is of a suitable size to warrant this role, Head of Digital Marketing, Head of Marketing, Chief Experience Officer and Chief Marketing Officer.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
A truly inspiring charity is looking for an accomplished Marketing Executive to join its team. Please note, that our client embraces flexibility and remote working so you can be entirely home-based, with quarterly events to meet up in Southampton with the 50 employees of this impressive global firm. As the Marketing Executive you will...Read more
Strategic Marketing Manager – £80,000 (Hybrid working) A really exciting role has arisen within a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud and AI to create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the...Read more
A leading global law firm has an exciting opportunity to join their fast-paced global PR team as a PR Coordinator/PR Executive supporting the Associate Director for PR's efforts to promote the firm across the EMEA region. This is an interesting and diverse role, requiring the ability to deliver a broad range of public relations and...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.