Senior Marketing Manager Recruitment
Job Role Insights
Responsible for the development and implementation of a company's marketing strategy. Typically working in upper management and playing a key role in shaping the direction of a company's marketing activity.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
- Developing and executing the overall marketing strategy: The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for creating a comprehensive marketing plan that aligns with the company's overall business objectives.
- Conducting market research: Leading market research efforts to gather information about target audiences, market trends, and competitors.
- Working with product or service development teams to ensure new products are marketed effectively.
- The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for allocating marketing budgets and ensuring that the company's marketing efforts are cost-effective.
- Overseeing the development and execution of marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, print, and events.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders: working with sales teams, customers, and partners to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the needs of the business.
- Using data and analytics to track the success of marketing initiatives and to make informed decisions about future marketing efforts.
- Conducting market research: They may lead market research efforts to gather information about target audiences, market trends, and competitors.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders: They may work with sales teams, customers, and partners to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the needs of the business.
Key skills and personal attributes
- A deep understanding of the principles and best practices of marketing, as well as the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Able to develop and execute a marketing strategy that aligns with the organization's overall business goals.
- Lead and motivate a team, delegate tasks effectively.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams, external stakeholders, and customers. This includes being able to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage multiple projects and campaigns at once, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Analyse data and market trends to make informed decisions and adjust their strategy as needed.
- Have a creative mind and be able to develop innovative ideas for campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including sales, product development, and customer service.
- Have a deep understanding of their target audience and be able to develop campaigns that resonate with them.
- Strong financial management skills and be able to develop and manage a budget effectively.
Relevant marketing qualifications
The majority of senior marketing managers have qualifications relevant to their profession or significant experience within the role and industry they’ve applied themselves to.
1. A bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or a related field.
2. A master's degree in marketing.
3. Marketing certification programs, such as those offered by the Chartered Institute in Marketing (CIM), the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the Institute of Data Marketing (IDM) or the British Academy of Digital Marketing offer a comprehensive range of marketing courses.
The path for a Senior Marketing Manager to advance their career would be to the role of Head of Marketing, Head of Digital Marketing, Marketing Director, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Marketing Consultant or an equivalent role within a larger organization.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
Head of Marketing
A well established, global business with offices in the City of London are looking for a commercial Head of Marketing to join them at an exciting time of transformational change and growth. This is a newly created role where you will have the chance to have a real impact on the direction of the business...Read more
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.