Digital Marketing Manager Recruitment
Job Role Insights
Responsible for driving the overall digital marketing strategy and ensuring its successful execution for the organization. You will lead a team of digital marketing professionals and work closely with various departments to align digital marketing efforts with the company's goals.
Explore salaries for marketing roles in your region.
National average salary range
- Developing and implementing the organization's digital marketing strategy
- Identifying target markets and executing targeted digital campaigns
- Managing and overseeing budgets assigned to digital projects
- Overseeing the development and execution of digital campaigns across various channels such as SEO, social media, email marketing, content marketing, and PPC advertising
- Analyzing data and metrics to evaluate campaign effectiveness and make informed decisions
- Leading and motivating a team of digital marketing professionals
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices and continuously learning new technologies and techniques
- Building and managing relationships with vendors and partners as needed to support digital marketing efforts
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations such as GDPR.
- Relevant qualifications may include a degree in marketing or business, a professional marketing certification, digital marketing certifications, and project management certifications.
Key skills and personal attributes
An effective digital marketing manager should possess strong communication skills, allowing them to communicate strategies, ideas, and campaign results effectively to team members and stakeholders. They should have the ability to lead and motivate a team, delegate tasks and responsibilities, and maintain a positive work environment.
Strategic thinking is crucial for developing and executing long-term plans for the organization's digital marketing efforts. Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in data analysis and metrics, are important for measuring the success of campaigns and making data-driven decisions.
A creative mindset, being able to come up with innovative ideas for campaigns and content, is also important in digital marketing. Being adaptable to changing trends and technologies in the field is a key attribute for success.
The ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns at once, ensuring their delivery on time and within budget, is essential. Understanding of marketing principles, how they apply in a digital context, and how they fit into the overall business strategy, is required.
Working effectively with other departments and stakeholders is important to ensure all digital marketing efforts align with the company's goals. Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and continuously learning about new technologies and techniques in digital marketing, is a hallmark of a successful digital marketing manager.
Relevant marketing qualifications
There are various qualifications that would be beneficial for a digital marketing manager:
- A degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- A Master's degree in marketing or a related field, such as an MBA with a concentration in marketing
- A professional marketing qualification, such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Diploma in Professional Marketing
While specific qualifications may be useful, it is also important for a head of digital marketing to have a combination of education and practical experience in marketing, as well as a strong understanding of digital marketing techniques and technologies.
Beyond a digital marketing manager, common career paths include:
- Director of Digital Marketing: Oversee the entire digital marketing strategy and implementation of an organization.
- Marketing Director: Lead the development and implementation of marketing strategies across multiple channels.
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO): Responsible for leading the overall marketing efforts of a company, including digital marketing.
- Head of E-Commerce: Lead the digital commerce strategy and operations for an organization.
- Marketing Consultant: Advise organizations on digital marketing strategies and tactics.
Marketing salary report
Find salaries for marketing roles in your region with our up to date marketing salary report.
Marketing salary report
Explore our industry specific insights to find out how individual roles are performing.Marketing insights
Our recruitment services are among the highest rated in the recruitment industry.Marketing recruitment
Latest Marketing Jobs
Head of Marketing
A well established, global business with offices in the City of London are looking for a commercial Head of Marketing to join them at an exciting time of transformational change and growth. This is a newly created role where you will have the chance to have a real impact on the direction of the business...Read more
A multinational architectural firm is looking for a Marketing Executive to join its growing, highly professional team based in London. The organisation embraces flexible working and requires you onsite 2 days per week. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will work as part of a tight-knit marketing team assisting with marketing...Read more
Digital Marketing Assistant
A large multinational business is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join its team on a contract basis. The contract is envisioned as completely remote and will run at least until June 2023 offering a day rate of £250 inside of IR35. This is an urgent requirement, so please only apply if you are...Read more
Search other Marketing roles
Looking to hire?
More than 20,000 people register with the Ashdown Group every month. We have access to hundreds of high-calibre professionals living within an easy commute of your business.