A government organisation based in London (Westminster, Croydon, Victoria) is looking for a Technical Lead / Technical Architect to work in a Web Interface development team to identify needs, assess security requirements, design and develop the required components, document the low level design, provide in-depth technology input to other technology stakeholders, and conduct a code review periodically. The successful candidate will work closely with the Lead Architect, multiple development teams and existing vendor(s) to understand legacy web application, and design, develop and document the target technology components to be deployed in an in-house data centre (SECRET and OFFICIAL).
This will be a contract role for 12 months with the option to extend for a further 12 months, is paying a negotiable rate and will require candidates to start no later than Monday 14th January, however looking for applications to be processed immediately - deadline for applications: Monday 17th December.
In order to be suitable for this role you must proven experience in a Technical Lead / Technical Architect role as well as the following essential criteria:
- To gain SC, and ultimate DV, clearance - the organisation will support this process
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully designing and implementing secure web application that are deployed in data centres.
- Have demonstrable experience of design and implementation of CI and CD infrastructure and pipeline.
- Have demonstrable experience in API security (SOAP/REST) and industry standard best practices to consume secure private APIs.
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully delivering digital solutions that collect and manage personal and/or sensitive information up to SECRET with appropriate controls and protection.
- Have demonstrable experience of implementing infrastructure and data centre engineering.
- Have demonstrable hands-on experience of Java, Web Application frameworks, SOAP & Restful, APIs, JWT, JWS/JWE, JOSE.
- Have demonstrable experience of documenting low level design and ability to work in an established design and governance process
Any experience of the following will be considered highly beneficial, but are not essential:
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully and collaboratively working, coaching and sharing knowledge with Public Sector client teams, particularly those with limited agile development experience.
- Have demonstrable experience of successful design, implementation and migration of supplier hosted applications to in-house hosted applications.
- Have existing, valid SC or DV Clearance.
Please note: as an approved Crown Commercial Services supplier we are regularly registering new government based contract opportunities so if this role is not suitable then please feel free to review and apply directly to any other roles that appeal on our website.