Senior IT Desktop Support Engineer (Financial Services)
|Job Title:||Senior IT Desktop Support Engineer (Financial Services)|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £39000 per annum + pension, bonus, 25 days holiday|
|Contact Name:||Chris Hiett|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
A large industry leading financial services company is looking for a Senior Desktop Support Analyst to be based from its offices in Central London.
Working as part of a large service desk function, this Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Taking a senior role within the support team, acting as an escalation point and providing guidance and support for 1st and 2nd line support staff.
- Taking ownership of complex incidents escalated by Service Desk Engineers
- Liaising with Infrastructure support teams and 3rd party support where necessary
- Developing a strong understanding of internal financial applications such as Figaro and trading systems
- Providing a high level of 2nd line / desktop support covering Microsoft Windows technologies as well as some 3rd line support
- IT project work
- Providing feedback to Service Desk Manager on team performance and KPI's
- Assisting with upgrades to software and systems in the live financial environment
This Senior Desktop Support Analyst is paying a starting salary of up to £39,000 based on experience and includes an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension scheme and bonus.
Please note that due to the client being within the financial services industry you will be required to cover a shift pattern on a rolling basis between 7am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday (7am - 3pm, 9.30am to 5pm).
To be considered for this Senior Desktop Engineer role you must have the following experience/skills:
- Previous experience of providing desktop (2nd/3rd line) support in a busy and fast paced environment
- Experience of acting as an escalation point and developing junior members of a support team
- Previous experience of working on IT projects and evaluating products to improve the business operations
- Windows 7,10
- Exchange / Outlook
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- PC and printer hardware support
Experience within an ITIL environment or within financial/professional services would be seen as advantageous however this is not essential.
To apply for this Senior Desktop Support Engineer role please send a copy of your CV quoting reference number ASH16589CH
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
IT Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £35000 per annum
Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £30000 per annum
Senior IT Support Engineer
City of London, London
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + superb benefits
IT Desktop Support Analyst (Mac and Windows) - London
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + 10% bonus, 25 days holiday