Network and Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Network and Security Engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + good benefits|
|Contact Name:||Will Cusack|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
* Firewall admin / deployment.
* Escalation point for the 1st and 2nd line support team for any technical issues.
*Troubleshoot issues that arise, seeking to understand the root cause and how to mitigate the issue
* Closely monitor firewalls thought the group and alert the team to any potential beaches in security
* Work closely with the Group Head of IT and Group Head of Technology on group wide IT initiatives.
* Conduct R & D to identify and implement effective solutions for the business - particularly around security tools.
* Support network architecture, be a key technical authority on our CAB.
* Develop cloud based solutions.
* Be responsible for systems integration.
* Help develop and deploy systems that support group IT policies
* Support the IT Service Desk Team where required to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided.
* Perform network capacity analysis and plan accordingly.
* Plan and address network hardware and software concerns
* Document current and new systems and provide knowledge sharing / training
* Share knowledge and support development of junior team members
* Some travel within the UK maybe required.
* Will be required to be part of an 'on-call' rota.
To be suitable for the role you'll have/be:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
* 5 years network infrastructure experience required within Data Center environment. Experience with configuration changes (ACL, routing, switching, certificates, etc.).
* Firewall admin / deployment experience.
* Experience creating network asset documentation, diagrams, and other forms of network documentation.
* Strong networking skills, hardware skills
* Experience with MFA & SSO solutions
* WiFi installation and configuration
* Radius configuration, InfoSec principles, Security architecture
* Anti¬Virus & Anti-Malware software (Symantec or recognised equivalent)
* Experience of the latest cyber security tools
* Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 7 and Server 2012/2008
* Proficient in Mac OS X operating Systems
* Advanced knowledge of network architecture and configuration of routers/switches/firewalls, including VLAN and VPN configuration.
* Knowledge of: Hyper-V, AWS, SQL, Powershell
* Knowledge of API integrations
* Experience of Cloud migration
* Palo Alto & Meraki firewall experience
* Strong interpersonal skills & communications skills with a desire to provide outstanding service
* Bring an open and agnostic approach to technology platforms.
* Pro-active in identifying potential issues and their solutions.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team
* Highly effective in the use of software such as MS Office, Office 365 and / or Google G Suite
* Working knowledge of project planning tools
If you match the criteria above and you are keen to develop your IT skills in a growing IT team then please apply by sending me your up to date CV with ASH17052WC1 in the subject line highlighting your relevant experience in the body of the email.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Network Engineer (HP Comware) - London - £425/day
Salary: £375 - £425 per day
IT Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer (AWS Projects)
City of London, London
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + good benefits
Project Delivery Engineer
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
IT Support Engineer
Salary: £40, 000