A government organisation based in London, E20 is looking for a Data Scientist to be part of a number of pilots on the use of data science focused on assessing firm effectiveness at detecting financial crime. The successful candidate will support Pilot /POC build of a customizable transactions data simulator, initially for creating a specific type of transaction (e.g. payment data between retail banks). Duties will include create taxononmy & database of data (internal and external) to identify firm risk and customisation tool to generate data as well as testing sanction screening tools.
This will be a contract role for initially 3 months with option to extend up to 24 months, is paying up to £575 per day and will require candidates to start no later than Thursday 7th February, however looking for applications to be processed immediately - deadline for applications: Monday 24th December.
In order to be suitable for this role you must proven experience in a Data Scientist / Data Analyst role as well as the following essential criteria:
- Willing to undertake SC clearance
- Data Science and big data engineering skills
- Agent based models
- Supervised learning models
- Unsupervised learning models
- Experience with cloud computing
Any experience of the following will be considered highly beneficial, but are not essential:
- Experience with AWS cloud
- Experience with agent based modelling software (e.g. Netlogo, Mesa, etc.)
- Parallel computing
- Object-orientated programming
- Exposure to operational risk assessments and the identification of setting of risk indicators.
- Strong commercial awareness of financial drivers and risk activities within banking.
- Understanding of payment activities in banking, particularly relating to AML and compliance.
- Experience with transaction monitoring systems such as Actimize, Mantas, Fortent etc.
- Exposure to anti financial-crime work within a UK-regulated bank and proven experience of AML/KYC requirements.
Please note: as an approved Crown Commercial Services supplier we are regularly registering new government based contract opportunities so if this role is not suitable then please feel free to review and apply directly to any other roles that appeal on our website.