A government organisation based in London, E20 is looking for a Data Analyst to be part of a number of pilots on the use of data science focused on assessing firm effectiveness at detecting financial crime. The successful candidate will support the Pilot /POC build of a customizable transactions data simulator, initially for creating a specific type of transaction, create taxononmy & database of data (internal and external) to identify firm risk and customisation tool to generate data as well as testing sanction screening tools
This will be a contract role for initially 3 months with option to extend up to 24 months, is paying up to £549 per day and will require candidates to start no later than Thursday 7th February, however looking for applications to be processed immediately - deadline for applications: Monday 24th December.
In order to be suitable for this role you must proven experience in a Data Analyst / Data Scientist role as well as the following essential criteria:
- Willing to undertake SC clearance
- Data/BI reporting skills
- Expertise in BI Cognos
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel/VBA
- Strong proficiency in SQL with RDBMS such as Oracle or MS SQL Server
Any experience of the following will be considered highly beneficial, but are not essential:
- Our expectation is that the taxonomy and database work will require the following Data/BI reporting skills:
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- Experience in risk management and/or financial analysis
- Exposure to anti financial-crime work within a UK-regulated bank and proven experience of AML/KYC requirements.
Please note: as an approved Crown Commercial Services supplier we are regularly registering new government based contract opportunities so if this role is not suitable then please feel free to review and apply directly to any other roles that appeal on our website.