Systems Engineer (significant AWS/scripting experience needed)
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer (significant AWS/scripting experience needed)|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum + good benefits|
|Contact Name:||Will Cusack|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
The role holder will be involved in managing the complete project lifecycle from conceptualisation to delivery including transition to BAU support teams, including a migration to AWS. Therefore extensive AWS experience is essential in a commercial capacity (not just the certification/qualification)
This is 80% projects and 20% support at a 3rd line level, so a really diverse and exciting role.
** To reiterate, solid commercial experience of work with AWS is required, Terraform/Puppet or similar ideal.**
In depth technical knowledge is required and a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar is desired or equivalent hands on experience in systems development, engineering, architecture etc.
Capacity to thrive in a dynamic and changeable environment, and able to effectively adapt to changing requirements and competing demands is essential.
Candidates will ideally have all of the following skills up to 3rd line support level. If not all, then most!:
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Windows Server environments with SQL.
Ability to design and deploy functional networks; configure and install servers, software, routers, switches.
* Experience with virtualisation including Hyper-V, VMware, Virtualbox
* Good networking and routing knowledge - OSI network layers, TCP/IP, BGP etc.
* Experience with monitoring systems - LogicMonitor, PRTG
* Solid scripting skills - PowerShell, shell scripts
* Experience in writing and maintaining API integrations would be beneficial but not essential
* Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail.
* Stay up to date with current and emerging technologies.
Naturally excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills will be crucial in this role.
If you match the criteria above and you are keen to develop your IT skills in a growing IT team then please apply by sending me your up to date CV with ASH17359WC in the subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
IT Systems Support Engineer
Systems Engineer - London - £45k
West End, London
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
ERP Systems Manager (Dynamics 365)
Uckfield, East Sussex
Systems Administrator - Uxbridge - £40,000
Salary: £38000 - £40000 per annum
Windows IT Support Engineer
City of London, London