Software Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Support Engineer|
|Location:||South West London, London|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Will Cusack|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
The ideal candidate will have some experience operating as a Senior System Administrator for medium/large organizations as well as skills in supporting Enterprise applications (such as ERP systems), databases, onsite communications equipment, storage, and related software, Data Center Technology & Operations, problem management, service desk, and change management.
* Communicating with Customers via phone, email or Go-to-Meeting/WebEx
* Enablement of Operational Tools for large scale ERP and CRM deployments
* Implementing systems management solutions to deliver client value
* Assisting in the designing of support for scalable server architectures for business systems
* Managing environments used for issue investigation and re-creation
* Escalating technical/business issues as required
* Recording progress against cases
* Identifying workarounds for high priority cases
* Creating Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
* Generating detailed documentation
* Candidates will demonstrate skills in enabling tools for ITIL based technologies with a technical focus on availability of business applications, operating systems, and server/storage hardware.
* This position will focus on designing and delivering technical solutions such as but not limited to IT Discovery solutions, Configuration Management solutions, IT Asset Management solutions, IT Monitoring solutions, IT Service Desk solutions and Business Process monitoring solutions.
* Candidates will demonstrate skills in IT operations with a technical focus
* During client engagements responsibilities will include assisting with scoping, and identifying resources supporting the client partner.
To be suitable you must have
* Knowledge of ServiceNow applications from business requirements and/or technical design documents
* Expertise in Web technologies (Web Services, XML, etc.)
* Experience in Requirements Analysis, Installation, and Deployment
*Knowledge of various third-party integration components
* Experience of developing necessary support documentation as needed (e.g. Knowledge base articles)
* Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Ideally candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
* ServiceNow, BMC and HP tool suites (HP UCMDB etc.)
* Production Scheduling, Output/Print Management
* Service Desk tools exposure
* Network/Systems Operations and Network Addressing Management
* Storage Management and Backup/Restore Management
* Event/Fault Management and System Performance Management
* Migration Control and Hardware Performance/Optimization
* High Availability Planning and Disaster Recovery tool enablement
* Understanding of Change Management, Configuration Management, and Release Management
* Ability to utilize PowerPoint in proposal development.
* UNIX Administration
* Ability to produce documentation utilizing the MS Office Suite
* Broad understanding of ITIL V3 and its components
* CRM tools
*Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science/Technology or Engineering.
*Microsoft certification (i.e. MCP, MCSA, MCSE etc.) or other IT certification is a plus.
If you feel you'd suit this challenging role then please send me your CV with reference ASH13362WC in the subject line.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Senior IT Support Engineer
City of London, London
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + superb benefits
Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £35000 per annum
Windows Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £30000 per annum