Join a Global technology business working with the leading security products on the market, as a Network & Security Engineer, delivering first class service to their Global customer base.
Working in their offices based in Newmarket, you will work alongside an experienced team in a driven and progressive environment and learn to support customers across leading technologies such as Checkpoint, Juniper, Bluecoat, Cisco and F5 load balancers. Situated in their Global Hub it will be your responsibility to provide support for a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern. The shifts are 12 hours long (7am-7pm / 7pm - 7am) and are worked as 4 days, followed by 4 days off, then 4 nights, followed by 4 nights off.
Demonstrating your excellent communication skills and using your technical support knowledge, you will troubleshoot and resolve any technical errors which may arise, providing support to their global client base from their NOC centre. As part of the role, you will also routinely test hardware for defects, manage and monitor the network infrastructure by investigating and resolving where possible.
The role is dynamic and diverse and would suit an individual who is passionate about networking and security with a desire for further development. The ethos of the company is to support and grow their engineers through continuous learning and to hone in on their particular skill set. The business offers a world class training institute on site that offers certifications such as JNCIA, JNCP, CCSA and CCSE.
To secure the role, it is essential that you would exhibit the following:
- A passion for networking, security and Linux.
- Thrive on your ability to solve problems.
- Have a good knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching and related protocols, network environments and topologies.
- Display a thorough understanding of basic networking protocols.
- Be articulate, clearly spoken and able to deliver telephone support in a friendly & professional manner.
- Experience working on a similar shift pattern.
- Experience in fast paced technical support department
The following would be considered preferable:
- A degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or Security would be preferable or other industry certifications such as CCNA or CCNP.
- Experience working in a NOC or network/security support focused role.
- Experience with Checkpoint, F5, Juniper, BlueCoat or Cisco products
In return for your hard work and commitment to this role, you will receive a starting salary of between £28,000 - £38,000, depending on the knowledge and experience you bring to the role, plus benefits, generous holiday and training - approximately £3k's worth in your 1st year.
Ideally, you will live within commuting distance of Newmarket already, however, people wishing to relocate will also be considered.