A creative agency are seeking a Senior Accountant or Finance Manager looking to step up into an Financial Controller role to join their growing business. The role involves managing all day to day accounting activities, whilst also inputting into strategy and P&L and with responsibility for one direct report.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, you will have full responsibility of the group with a current combined turnover of £8M. This is a dynamic and fast paced business and requires someone of a similar nature to be both Operational and Strategic and take the lead for the company's finances.
This role will involve liaising closely with management, colleagues, suppliers and customers and the successful candidate will be a bright minded individual who has the ability to influence and communicate at all levels across a tight-knit entrepreneurial business and have the drive and capacity to grow with the business.
Your duties will include:
- Provide monthly management accounts in a timely manner within 14 days after month end.
- Comprehensive cash-flow report and forecast
- Closely monitor debtor days, creditor days and stock with a view to improvement in liquidity and
- Lead the compilation of budgets, financial analyses and other financial and management information
and manage performance against them
- Managing Multi currencies and the impact on the business
- Provide P&L and budgetary forecasts.
- VAT return production and filing
- Maintaining accruals, prepayments and fixed asset register
- Drive overhead analysis and implement an ongoing cost reduction program
- Provide proactive financial leadership to all budget holders
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory financial requirements.
- Lead and manage the day to day relationships with external auditors/Accountants
Overall you will ensure water tight financial systems within the company and provide proactive support in the implementation of greater efficiencies in the accounts department, including enhanced reporting, more effective debt chasing methods and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory financial requirements.
To be considered for this role you will have experience in a similar role, excellent communication skills and demonstrate a well-organised, friendly and pro-active attitude. You will be comfortable working as part of a small team and enjoy the flexibility that brings.
The successful candidate can either be qualified by experience, or will come with an accountancy qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA) and be looking to advance their career towards a Financial Controller position. They will have advanced Excel skills, and experience with Sage. The ideal candidate will come from a small company background and be happy working a busy and varied role.
In return for your commitment to this role, you will join a growing business that offers a great opportunity for career progression and a starting salary of up to £45,000, dependant on skills and experience plus bonus, pension and life assurance.
|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Taylor|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Finance Manager - Central London - £45,000
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Salary: £30,000 + 8% bonus + benefits
Client Services Manager (Real Estate Clients)
Salary: Up to £70000 per annum + excellent bens inc. bonus
Wolverhampton, West Midlands