Finance Director (Board level) - Stratford, London - up to £85,000 plus £5k car allowance
An established FMCG business, enjoying continual growth and an annual turnover of £70 million is looking to appoint a new Commercially focused Finance Board Director, with experience in retail or wholesale, to work closely with the MD to bring the company through its next stage of planned growth and to support the day to day running of their established finance department.
You will be a proactive member of the senior management team and lead financial planning, forecasting and budgeting for the business, whilst supporting the board with preparation of strategic plans. Also taking responsibility for managing and delivering the financial reporting function.
Being commercially focused, you will be accountable for the overall financial performance of the business and driving the company's strategic direction and profitability. You should analyse where cost and efficiencies can be made, develop KPIs and inform the Board where they should be channelling people and resource to maximise returns, championing continuous improvement of financial controls, reporting systems and processes.
In addition, you take responsibility for the management and development of an established finance team of 9, ensuring the smooth running of the finance function on a day to day basis, whilst appraising and identifying any development needs within the team.
To be successful in securing this role, it is expected that you will have operated at board level previously and come from a retail or wholesale background.
Being both operational and strategic, you should demonstrate experience with the following:
- Reporting (budgets, management accounts, ratio analysis)
- Preparation and development of quarterly financial reporting pack
- Compliance (co. secretarial, tax, PAYE, P11d, VAT, audit, tax, HMRC)
- Negotiating significant contracts
- Analysing where cost and value efficiencies can be made
- Overseeing/managing foreign exchange exposure, payroll, credit control,
- On-going development and management of a finance team
- Undertaking risk management assessments
- Managing corporate relationships with 3rd parties
- Partnering a business with various projects
- Developing financial business plans
- Corporate and financial restructuring
- Working on investment opportunities and potential partnerships
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, results driven and commercially aware individual with vision as to how best support the business in its next phase of growth and who understands how to get the best out of the team around them. The salary for this role is up to £85,000 plus £5k car allowance.