|Job Title:||Conference Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sheryl Hannan|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
This exciting new role offers genuine opportunity for growth and development for the right person.
Working within the Marketing and Events team you will be responsible for producing events and conferences, covering aspects such as people and project management, researching and creating conference topics, identifying conference speakers, ensuring marketing reaches the desired audience and writing copy for promotional documents and brochures. In this role you will:
- Research the viability of conference topics by conducting in-depth research with senior level industry figures
- Research in detail the conference program by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitors events through reading brochures, attending, reviewing and speaking to competitive event speakers
- Put together a complete draft program agenda
- Identify, contact and invite potential speakers onto the program. Negotiating speaker fees and expenses and staying within the budget guidelines set down
- Write strong sales and marketing copy in a number of different formats throughout the course of an event's marketing campaign
- Work with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market. Write focused letters to targeted groups of people to promote the event and source appropriate partners to promote the event
- Prepare all materials and design briefs for direct mail pieces, including the conference brochure to strict deadlines, making sure all information is accurate and appealing
- Work with Sales to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Support sales meetings with thought leading content opportunities.
You must have previous experience of producing and project managing conferences, along with appropriate budgetary management skills. It is highly desired that you have experience and knowledge within the food sector however this is not essential. This would suit someone who has previously worked as an Event Manager, Conference Coordinator or Events Planner.
This position is paying a starting salary of between £33,000 and £36,000 + generous bonus depending on experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's