Senior Software Engineer
A market leading software company who have some of the world’s largest tech companies as clients is seeking an experienced Senior Backend Developer/Architect to be responsible for coordinating development on individual features, working closely with Product Management, other developers and QA to refine requirements and deliver regular releases of high quality, innovative software to meet customer requirements and strategic objectives.
The role is hybrid (at least 3 days a week you’ll work from home, otherwise based in the Wandsworth office).
- Assistance in drawing up and validating technical specifications.
- Participating in technical planning sessions: Conception, tasks identification and estimation.
- Driving the whole development process of individual features within each release.
- Maintaining and refactoring existing codebase, expanding automated tests capability.
- Reporting on progress, issues and problems to the team; providing lessons learned and giving suggestions to optimize the work processes.
- Helping more junior, and supporting other senior team members.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent; or possess highly relevant experience.
- Must have practical experience of working as a senior part of a structured professional software development environment.
- Deep experience developing and maintaining C#/.NET REST APIs, and writing enterprise-scale Web 2.0 applications.
- achieve strong Object-Oriented architectures in .NET
- Strong diagnostic/debug skills and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good in-depth knowledge of Client/Server and Web architectures on Windows, using SQL Server and tools such as nHibernate, EntityFramework, WebAPI in VisualStudio, Parsing, querying and manipulation of XML/XSLT and JSON payloads.
- Experience with source control and build processes: branching, merging, one-push-build processes, configuration management.
- Implementing OData services.
- Implementing data accessing code using ORMs (EF, NHibernate…)
- Database Design, SQL Server, and T-SQL, SQL profiling and performance tuning.
- Experience of shipping shrink wrapped software.
- Good background understanding of network protocols and hardware, both on Windows and UNIX-based platforms.
- Some experience of build and installer scripting (nant/WiX/Windows Installer)
- London - Central
- IT Development
- Contact Name:
- Will Cusack