Junior Software Engineer
A market leading Software Company is seeking a Junior Backend Software Engineer (.NET/SQL), based out of Wandsworth, London, otherwise you’ll work from home at least 3 days a week. This position will contribute to the team responsible for the development of the company’s products. The Junior Software Engineer will work closely with more senior developers, QA and Product Managers on individual features. This involves refining requirements, writing code and contributing ideas to deliver regular releases of high quality, innovative software to meet customer requirements and strategic objectives.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent; or possess highly relevant experience.
- Must have practical experience of working as a senior part of a structured professional software development environment.
- Some experience developing and maintaining C#/.NET REST APIs, and familiarity with enterprise-scale Web 2.0 application architecture.
- achieve strong Object-Oriented architectures in .NET
- Strong diagnostic/debug skills and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Some knowledge of Client/Server and Web architectures on Windows, using SQL databases and tools such as nHibernate, ODATA, EntityFramework, WebAPI in VisualStudio, Parsing, querying and manipulation of XML/XSLT and JSON payloads.
- Experience with source control and build processes: branching, merging, one-push-build processes, configuration management.
- Experience of Database Design, SQL Server, and T-SQL, SQL profiling and performance tuning.
- Experience of shipping shrink wrapped software.
- Good background understanding of network protocols and hardware, on Windows and/or UNIX-based platforms.
- Some experience of working with automated build systems
- London - Central
- IT Development
- Contact Name:
- Will Cusack