A leading European bank is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the day-to-day operations, support and maintenance in all aspects relating to the their London Branch IT environment with a strong focus on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure (Azure and Microsoft 365), server-side support and end user support.
Please note that international banking experience is highly desirable, as is cloud experience with 365 and Azure.
This Systems Administrator/Senior IT Engineer level role is paying up to £70,000 plus great benefits and is hybrid. You’ll work from home one week and work in the office (Near Liverpool St, Central London) the next week, so a 50/50 split.
- Ensure the day-to-day running and maintenance of all the production, Dev/test and disaster recovery IT cloud and physical infrastructure relevant to the London office and EMEA region.
- Manage and administer the London branches networks, network devices and appliances, security management and general system integrity
- Support and administration of the London branches virtualised server environment hosted in Azure
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for the Data Warehouse and SQL and VM server environments that this application resides on. This also include any and associated applications and interfaces
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for Banking Systems that are developed both internally and externally.
- To provide support for Payment systems, Market Data and Trading platforms which includes but not limited to Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Swift. This also include supporting interfaces, connectivity and dependent components
- To provide 1st level support for Head Office hosted and managed applications and trading systems, to coordinate and manage incidents and to liaise with Head Office IT personnel
- To maintain and ensure all Identity Management databases and directories are kept up-to-date in a timely manner, with strong focus on Active Directory User objects. This also includes Group Policy management and user creation, deletion and permissions changes.
- To ensure the reliability, availability, confidentiality, and integrity of all business data and to work with data in accordance with local and European regulations and laws
- To ensure the Disaster Recovery sites, systems and data are maintained to mirror that which is in the production environment
- Ensure software upgrades with focus on core banking application vendors and suppliers and document changes and implementation
- Report any IT security weaknesses, events or incidents to London Branch Senior Management and the Branch IT Security Office
- Adhere to ITIL concepts and procedures for incident and change management
- International banking systems support experience
- Experience with latest Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Azure and M365) including Windows OS and Microsoft Server software (SQL and Exchange), and Networking Technologies
- Experience supporting bespoke banking systems and applications
- London - Central
- IT Support
- Contact Name:
- Will Cusack