Financial Accountant (AAT Level 4 or PQ - ACCA)
If you have solid end to end accounting experience within a practice or commercial setting and are looking for a role with lots of potential for progression this could be for you. Our client is looking for ambitious people who want to be part of a rapidly growing company. This would be ideal for a highly motivated and experienced Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper comfortable dealing with a wide range of clients, from sole traders to large corporates.
Reporting to the Accountancy Manager you will be responsible for the preparation and submission of accounts and tax returns for clients, liaise with clients via phone, email and face to face, register new clients, prepare and review book-keeping and VAT returns, assess and advise clients on their tax position, review the tax efficiency of clients as required, liaise between clients and HM Revenue & Customs to deal with and resolve queries as, ensure all internal and statutory deadlines are met, and prepare and execute year end client meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience.
- Previous experience within practice or commercial setting
- Be fully AAT qualified or part qualified in ACCA or ACA
- Experience of end-to-end accounting process
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work to tight deadlines both internally and externally (HMRC).
- Advanced in MS Office. in particular Excel
- Sound knowledge of an Accountancy software package
The salary on offer is from £28,000 - £34,000 with a range of generous benefits including pension, Healthcare Cash Plan Employee Assistance Programme, and holiday reward scheme. The role is based at the practice’s modern offices in Waterlooville, easily commutable from Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Contact Name:
- Angie Madden