You are here > Home > Top 10 Tips to Improve Your CV
If you haven't the time to review our extensive CV writing advice, here are our top ten tips on writing your CV for submission to an agency. The advice draws on our vast experience of speaking to 1000’s of hiring managers over the past 10 years.
1. Write a personal profile and include your career objectives at the top of your CV.
2. Tailor your CV to the job you are applying for.
3. Check your CV is accurate and has no spelling or grammatical errors.
4. Ensure your CV has a professional looking layout.
5. Promote professional achievements from your career to date.
6. Write your CV with the your most recent work experience at the top and work backwards.
7. Promote any personal achievements of note or particular relevance.
8. Include an Interests section.
9. Base quantity of content on recency and relevancy to the job you are applying for.
10. And finally... don’t waffle, keep your CV factual, concise and to the point.
Visit our full CV advice section for more CV writing tips >