Our client, an award winning and long established IT solutions provider is seeking a Senior Network Engineer / Installation Engineer to join their large and dynamic team. The company is expanding further but already has a client base of over 2,000 businesses in Birmingham and the North West.
This role combines head office and field based work and therefore a full and clean UK driving licence is required. Due to the nature of some businesses our client work with, all new employees need to pass a CRB check.
To be suitable for the role our client will expect you to demonstrate solid commercial experience of installing, configuring and maintaining six key technology areas:
• Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper V)
• SAN Storage (NetApp, HP)
• Windows Servers (2003-2008) with Active Directory
• Exchange Servers (2003-2010)
• Switching (Layer 2 and 3)
• Business Firewalls (Cisco, Sonicwall, CheckPoint)
In addition any skills in VDI, Citrix Xen App, 2FA or thin client configuration would be beneficial.
As a senior team member you will be responsible for providing expert and proactive support and solutions to their customers; while ensuring that the service provided meets or exceeds their established Service Level Agreements.
This is a client facing role therefore it is essential you are an excellent communicator who is able to build a good rapport quickly. This role would suit a customer focused individual with strong problem solving skills and has great attention to detail.
• Salary from £24-30,000 + company car, pension & commission on additional services sold
• A full and clean UK driving licence is required to be considered for this role