This opportunity is within a high profile, not for profit company with a large and talented Marketing and Communications team.
This role is to help the company engage with and influence a wide range of stakeholders in a way that is joined-up, audience focused and valuable for both parties. As part of the wider Communications and Marketing department, this role will contribute to communications plans and strategies through the provision of stakeholder insight and knowledge.
There are multiple new and on-going Communications projects with different aims and deadlines so the ability to identify and manage priorities and expectations will be important.
To be suitable for the role you will need a solid understanding of accessible communication practices, be politically astute and able to handle sensitive information along with a good knowledge of networking techniques and best practice.
You will oversee the processes that the company use to manage stakeholder relationships including: relationship management plans, contact data management and stakeholder classification.
You will also contribute to and deliver engagement strategies for some specific stakeholder groups - including members and local groups - ensuring that the brand experience and message is consistently delivered.
Exceptional written and verbal communication is essential for you to be considered for this opportunity.
This role will include all of the below responsibilities so it is expected that you will have demonstrable experience in most or all of these areas:
• Overseeing the relationship management processes, ensuring we have up to date relationship management plans and contact data for all key individuals
• Developing an approach to collecting, recording and using stakeholder insight for specific stakeholder groups
• Supporting engagement with key individuals through proactively monitoring the media and proposing actions in line with our engagement strategies and stakeholder management principles
• Contributing to events planning through development of guest lists and providing briefings on key stakeholders
• Working with the Department’s administrator to oversee our membership administration processes, including subscriptions and data processes
It is likely the successful candidate for this role has a good degree in a relevant discipline i.e. English, Communications or Marketing.
• Offering a basic salary up to £30,000 per annum plus benefits
• Skills: Relationship Management, Networking, Brand Management, Data Management
• This opportunity is within a high profile, not for profit company with a large and talented Marketing and Communications team